Training

When: Every first Sunday of every month -get a ticket- from $15 (Click Here).

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Classic Escape Holidays... yes or no?

We would like to buy something like Classic Holidays for us and our Managers and CEOs' network. It means that we will be using the system for personal and rewards in our club. We can present the product to our network and help the holidays' club to prosper. That gave us the chance to negotiate with them and get a good deal for myself and a nice % sales in our network.

Before we proceed, we had to do our homework, 'cause we cannot sell something without being sure its good value for money for us and our members.

Here are some of the data recovered this afternoon from our servers:


Technical flaws of issues that triggered security warnings on the product presented to us to buy from classic holidays by Nov/2012:

  • Just few good stories from users, most bad than good stuff found online
  • Minimal likes (1,000) on a 55,000 members
  • Bad admin? The domain classicholidaysbali.com redirects to a admin page on wordpress php site. 
  • The name changes from 'classic holidays' from 'classic escape' which triggers an alarm in our security browsers, 
  • Internal security issues, we where given a paper no take notes, on the meeting at Classic Holidays, with details of another member's credit card full INFO!
  • Forbidden? the domain http://classicholidays.com/ goes to a FORBIDDEN 403 network
  • Redirects? Classic Holidays domain www.classicholidays.com.au redirects to http://www.classicholidayclub.com.au/ showing asymmetry on the data file
  • Bookings are being managed from a third database service under a 'exchange service' http://www.daelive.com/ . If 3rd party goes down or changes happen there, cost may go up or system can fall down faster than a carts house.

Conclusions: we got a deal for 10 years, plus $178 /year for 10 years for account keeping. On average, price per week is $190 (on the club); out of the club can go to $800. The downside: booking are CLOSED to AVAILABILITY meaning you need to fix your holidays to WHEN time is available in the hotel, not the other way around.

What others have said from our servers and members search:


Alarm bells are ringing: http://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g255103-i531-k4254643-o60-Classic_Escapes_Holiday_Club-Perth_Western_Australia.html
"We have just signed up and having read half way through this thread I am yet to find anyone who has signed and been on a holiday and got back to the thread on it. Yes it is very suss that all the people standing up for the company appear to be once only posters (which is what I may be doing as I only found this site because like many others I was concerned about what I was getting myself into). I am balanced in my outlook. I would like what they are saying to be true, but the more I read on the more I find nobody saying how fantastic it all is, and many people bailing out. Alarm bells are ringing..."

Not really convinced, so pulled out!: -click here-
"Short of getting in touch with a few members who are not employees of the company and hearing about some positive experiences we will exercise our right to a refund of the deposit and may or may not use the voucher.
My advice - If you can get together a group of people to share in the cost of the membership and all those people can afford to gamble their share on possibly getting a few good holiday arrangements over the 15 year period then it's probably worth the risk, because over 15 years you can probably work the system to get you a good deal on at least a few occassions." kiwihaydz

Ladybird2008 says "forget it": http://www.reviewstalk.com/complaints-reviews/classic-holidays-l21592.html
"I have to agree with the above. They are lying scammers that just want your money. WE too are paying off a stupid classic holidays ownership that we don't use. My biggest complaint is that I own through Interchange which is now managed by classic but not once through the presentation was I told this. I found out afterwards.This was supposed to be a new concept in timeshare. It is a big con to make us pay more for a product that we virtually already own.In my case I was lied to by non admission of this. I would have been happier if they told me that I already owned a similar product that was managed by them. It would have made them seem honest. As to why I would put this online. Talking to the company is ridiculous and gets us nowhere and stresses us out. At the end of the day we are still paying out for a product that is very similar to one I own even though we were told after we bought it this was better. It is not. They are a money grubbing dishonest company that has no intention of giving us value for money. We now rarely take holidays at all because we are paying this off and can't afford both. I want to warn as many people as possible to stay away from them. It is not worth it."




Remember the technical point from the top? Their site: htt p://www.classicescapes.com.au has only over 1k likes from over 55k members??? There has to be a reason for it!



No WAY TO GET BOOKING!
Zazabel: "I wish I had got an immediate log in code instead of waiting for all this time to receive it. Now I guess it is too late to pull out. Had I been able to roam on their "members only" section of the website I would have found that I can not get ANY accommodation AT ALL from June to next March (didn't look further) in France, Italy, Switzerland etc!!!!!"

Same rates as wotif:
"My parent inlaws had a timeshare with them then were conned into selling their timeshare to Classic for $9000 but they had to buy the holiday club points thing for $20000 thus having to pay out of pocket $11000. They were told that the deals were great and the inlaws made a point of asking if the rates were cheaper than wotif. I just logged in to check it out and compare and the rates are the same as wotif but the inlaws are out pocket $11000. Please don't fall for this con. I believe it is perfectly legit but its a con and is no cheaper than wotif!!!!"


OK, so what to do? Yes or No?

Don't get me wrong, there are some good things on every product... But I suggest you to test the product first. Do not get flattered to the maths shown on the sale pitch.

We've had only good stories to tell about these guys, we've got a free accommodation in Thailand for a week in a nice hotel, so far, so good.

How to test it? Well, test the network without paying for it at least 4-5 times, then think about it. Ask them to organise 4 or 5  weeks booked not as a gift but as a guest of the sales person. Then, and only then, work your conclusions. We'll do the same today... we'll ask the sales rep to give us a better try of the product and we'll update you later on about what happened!

No comments: