Training

When: Every first Sunday of every month -get a ticket- from $15 (Click Here).

Monday, July 7, 2014

About Urannah follow ups

G'day. After visiting Clermont, I go back to Normans on Tuesday or
Wednesday. Then we'll go to Urannah, (that's the correct spelling) of
160,000 acres and give it the once over. There are politics involved
that I can't follow, so look into that one, something about if they can
sell the water rights from the 17 kilometres of the river, which borders
the property to other people. Urannah also backs onto the Eungella
Nationional Park a popular spot for walkers and campers. It is owned by
a trust and they are on the trust, find out who really owns it. I got on
well with the family, one of the boys plays a guitar and we played on
the banjo.

I enjoyed my stay there, Norman telling me a lot about the history of
the area and where he grew up and that he also worked on the Railway,
like I did. I have been asked to call in at any time. The information I
have as to what they want on the place is staggering…It's to be a
wildlife sanctuary, a bush tucker forest, cabins for tourists, a
training centre for young indigenous people, especially those from the
Justice reinvestment project by reducing the imprisonment rate of
inmates that are in jail for minor offences, to be given another chance
by going to this Urannah to be re-educated in worthwhile skills to be
employable in the mining industry. It is to be a Non alcoholic and Non
smoking farm..

They need solar power, a toilet block, to start up the cattle stocking
again, get staff as they have no staff nor stock at the moment, also
they have to get public liability insurance and they need a professional
photographer. It goes on and on. I have been in contact with a community
garden in Mackay that I have been to before and they said it would be ok
for some of the vegetable gardeners from there to go and help set one
up, camping for a few days.

They also know of a bush tucker nursery in the next town. All in all it
sounds as though it will be quite a challenge. I will look at all the
possibilities this week and tell you my thoughts. They also want to join
HelpX the system I am in like Wwoof. I explained it to them and they
said it sounds ideal. I would like to be in on the venture from the
start, but…

Regards, Colin…

No comments: