Training

When: Every first Sunday of every month -get a ticket- from $15 (Click Here).

Saturday, October 29, 2016

Does anyone out there still use Webmin as a means of managing *nix computers? : sysadmin

Does anyone out there still use Webmin as a means of managing *nix computers? : sysadmin



I
used to use it a lot in the early 2000s but not so much anymore. Like
most things, you can make webmin fairly secure but I've seen a lot of
insecure instances.





During a pentest, if I see port 10000 open, I tend to get excite.


Which is why I learned that proxying it was a good idea. BUT, said
same good idea made me realize I had to go to a LOT more work just to
hide it. I totally agree on the pentesting part, that port and I think
1433 for MS-SQL are ones where I go "oohh, yum".

No comments: